General Membership Meeting
The meeting starts 5:30 PM
1445 Tuolumne St, Fresno.
Please add it to your calendars now so that you
will not miss out.
Starting at 5:00 PM there will be a delicious catered dinner served. Chicken and tri-tip with rice pilaf, chili beans, and salad. (there will be take-home boxes available)
FCEA Board of Directors Nominations Now Open!
All positions have 2-year terms
Starting today, you may nominate any FCEA members for any positions listed below by emailing your nomination to Chairperson Maeketah Rivera at [email protected] prior to this meeting. She will then attempt to get in contact with the nominee who will have to accept the nomination before the close of nominations at this meeting.
Nominations may also be made in person at the beginning of this meeting. The person being nominated must be present to accept the nomination unless a written acceptance is produced by the nominator before the close of nominations during the meeting.
All positions will be up for election.
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- Section 1 – 1 Director, Airports
- Section 2 – 7 Directors, Police Department and PARCS
- Section 3 – 1 Director, Fire Department
- Section 4 – 5 Directors, City Hall Floors 1 and 2 and Retirement. ISD, UBC, Finance, Personnel, Treasury, Payroll, Risk, Business Tax, Central Billing, Copy Center, City Clerk, City Council, City Manager, City Attorney (2nd floor only)
- Section 5 – 6 Directors, City Hall Floors 3 and 4, Development, DPW and DPU Admin, Parking, Housing, Traffic Engineering, Downtown Revitalization, DARM, Code Enforcement, Community Revitalization
- Section 6 – 2 Directors, FAX and MSC
- Section 7 – 1 Director, Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Section 8 – 1 Director, Water Division and Water Conservation
If you have any questions or would like to discuss running for election to the Board of Directors, please feel free to call or email me.
In other business, we will be voting on an item placed on the agenda at the last General Membership Meeting, which will amend the bylaws to allow for contracting with an online firm to conduct the Election electronically if the Board decides to do so. The proposed changes have been approved by the Board, but we will need a motion to approve by the General Membership. This should save us between $700 to $1,000 per election.
I will be updating us on where we will be at going into the next round of equity adjustments (raises) for members still underpaid according to the Classification and Compensation Study. Next year it is our greatest hope that we can complete the process of bringing our members up to the level of salaries in the competitive marketplace here in California. I should have some preliminary numbers of what that will take and what we will be fighting for come February of next year.
Both myself and Labor Representative Tony Silva will be updating you on current issues and answering your questions on the status of any other issues before us.
2 members will win $50
4 members will win $25
30 members will win $10
Plus, anyone who dows not win a prize will have their ticket submitted AGAIN at the next General Membership Meeting, thus doubling their chances then. Name must be clearly written on ticket. Must be present to win, unless excused because of a return to work requirement.
This should be a fun and extremely informative night.
If at all possible, don't miss out folks. See you there!
Sam Frank, FCEA President